If you like apples, you are in for a treat! Not only are these Oatmeal Stuffed Apples delicious, but they are also healthy and super easy to make. Coconuts and a drizzle of honey make these oatmeal-stuffed apples even tastier. Perfect for the whole family! Perfect for breakfast, snacks, side dish, or just because.
- 5 apples
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop the top off the apples and core the insides with a small paring knife. Line a baking pan with tinfoil and place the apples right side up.
- Bake for twenty five minutes or until tender.
- While the apples are baking, prep the oatmeal.
- In a small pot combine the oats, chia, flax, cinnamon, nutmeg and almond milk.
- Heat over medium heat until a rolling boil starts.
- Mix to combine. Cook for two minutes and cover with a lid until apples are done.
- Remove the lid to the oatmeal and mix in the three tablespoons of syrup and walnuts.
- Carefully portion the oatmeal into the apples. Top with coconut and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Place in the oven on broil for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove, let cool slightly and enjoy!
- Makes 5 apples.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 27 min
- Category: Seasonal
- Method: Baked & Broiled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Oatmeal Stuffed Apples