My kids are always wanting to make cute adorable crafts like this Paper Butterfly Silhouette Craft. I’m going to be perfectly honest.
I’m not an “artsy” kinda mom.
But I know my children like art. I know they like to create. And as a mom, I want to provide my children with ways to express their creativity in many ways.
One afternoon, I stumbled upon on social media this Paper Butterfly Silhouette Craft and then we decided to create it! This butterfly craft is very colorful and very easy to make. This will instantly brighten up and add colors to your living room or your child’s bedroom. Making this with your kids will surely be a great and fun way to bond with them!
Materials For Your Paper Butterfly Craft:
- Colorful papers
- White paper
- Glue stick
Instructions to Make this Sillhoute Butterfly Craft
- Fold the paper (paper 1) in half and cut a butterfly shape out.
- Place the outline (paper 1) on top of another paper (paper 2) and trace the butterfly.
- Cut strips from multiple colored papers.
- Put glue on the enclosed area of the butterfly (paper 2) and paste the colorful paper strips depending on the design you prefer. You can paste it horizontally, vertically or diagonally.
- Cut excess papers from the outline.
- Paste outline (paper) on top of the colorful butterfly (paper 2) to make a silhouette effect.
Super fun and easy! My kids told me they had fun and loved the process of choosing their own colorful pieces and gluing them on! There are really so many different options
You can be more extra creative and do something with the large white extra space. Or you can just cut it out too!
You can also try to make this using a different shape or animal.
Have fun with your kiddos making this cute art project! We sure had a blast making this Paper Butterfly Shillouette Craft, even though I have not one artsy bone in my body.
Leave a Reply